How convince computer teacher

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Fri Dec 10 07:40:55 PST 2010

On 10-dic-10, at 03:38, torhu wrote:

> On 09.12.2010 17:27, Ddev wrote:
>> hi community,
>> How convince my teacher to go in D ?
>> After talk with my teacher, i do not think D is good because after
>> 10 years is not become the big one. she is very skeptical about D.
>> If i could convince my teacher it will be great maybe i will teach
>> to his
>> students :)
>>
>> best regards
>
> D is based on languages like C and Java, and is syntactically very
> similar to those.  So if you already know programming, D is probably
> very easy to learn.  Try to learn about programming in general, not
> about a specific language.  The language matters, but everything
> else is more important.

++

Now to convince a teacher insulting teachers that do not want to use D
is not a very good strategy, there are good reasons not to choose D,
and obscurity is for sure one of them, personally I find that the
advantages offset the disadvantages, you can try to show her how close
to C it is, but still clean. TDPL is a nice book, you can also give
that to her to look at.
And you can tell her that the language is close enough to other
languages so that it will not be wasted even if they later use another
one.
The quick compiler and support of most C++ features, but in a clean
way can be a good selling point.

Fawzi