Why Ruby?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 01:28:06 PST 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:31:38 -0500
"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 01:26:01AM +0000, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> > http://vimeo.com/17420638
>
> Is that a full hour of a guy preaching to the choir...
>
> Got a summary?
>
> > with ease) and stop caring about being C-syntax friendly. The world
> > doesn't need that many semicolons and parenthesis. :-)
>
> But they are so beautiful! The lack of punctuation is one of the
> (many) reasons I hate working with Python and Ruby - the code
> is really hard to read.

"the code is really hard to read": People should stop thinking & feeling everybody should think & feel the way they do. To my eyes, most punctuation in common PLs is noise --just noise. Python (and to some extent Ruby) code is much easier to read _for me_ than D, C++, or Java code (*). Should I have my brain repaired?

Denis

(*) Knowing my first langage (and the only one I have ever been trained for) was C, shouldn't it be the contrary?
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com