Verbose checking of range category

Simen kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 14:12:22 PST 2010

Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:

> It would be great if dmd said which constraint failed, but since you're
> dealing
> with an arbitary boolean expression, in many cases, would not be
> particularly
> straightforward to say what failed, and I expect that it would be a
> _big_ change
> for the compiler.

Not to mention SFINAE, which would lead to a wall of text when multiple
specializations of a template exists (15 templates failed, each for 3
different reasons = 60 lines of error messages, none of which are
likely to be useful). And in such a case, no error messages are to be
printed if one match is found, right?

--
Simen