SWIG 4 D2 How To : namespace, friend, operator()

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Sun Dec 12 12:13:02 PST 2010

Hi, this is my first attempt to use SWIG for D2, So in case that my
questions are stupid simple.. Sorry.

questions are included in swig file wincore.i

/* wincore.i */
%module(directors="1") wincore
%{
#include "wincore.h"
%}

%include "std_string.i"
%include <windows.i>

/* turn on director wrapping for CWnd */
%feature("director") CWnd;

namespace Win32xx   // 	HOW TO deal with namspaces ?
{
class CWnd
   {
     	// HOW TO handle friend ?
	friend class CMDIChild; //defined in frame.h !!!!
	friend class CWinApp;   //define in wincore.h

Last question is about  : operator()

f.i.	bool operator()(HWND const a, const HWND b) const

Klickverbot suggests to use the SWIG's %rename. But how that would look
like in practice ?

Beside, I guess this is what opImplicitCast should solve. maybe alias
this could help somehow .. dunno.

Thanks in advance..
Bjoern