Problems with dmd inlining

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 20:49:53 PST 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> On 12/12/10 5:06 PM, Simen kjaeraas wrote:
> > If no-one else has stepped up, I'm willing to have a look.
>
> That would be a great help to the community. I did look at that code and
> nothing jumped at me. But then I didn't have enough time to profile it
> properly.
>
> Andrei

To be fair, back when I e-mailed it to you, I was banging my head trying to find a bug in my string mixin version.  I had isolated it down to some ~50 lines, but my "proof" was pretty light and it wasn't obvious how that small bit fit into the larger whole.  I forget the finer details now, but as it turns out, I was doing something like mixing in the right half of an assignment so the code was simply not doing anything.  The version I sent Simen gives correct output with both versions of the program...  Just really really slowly.