Slides from my ACCU Silicon Valley talk

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Dec 12 23:20:36 PST 2010

I was away for few days and then partially busy for several more days, I am sorry and I will try to get up to date.

Gary Whatmore:

> Guys, I made several sockpuppet reddit accounts to mod down the two guys criticising this thread.<

That's worse than desiring to add some examples of D code to Wikipedia, I was criticized about :-)

One of the comments of the Reddit thread seems a bit interesting:

nullc:
>When I first read about D I was hoping that they'd limit overloads to pure functions, a substantial decrease in the maximum riskyness/surprise-factor of an overload hidden operation.<

Is requiring the Operator Overloading member functions to be pure a good idea?

Bye,
bearophile