CTAN, CPAN, RubyGem like

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Dec 13 11:23:08 PST 2010

On Monday, December 13, 2010 11:02:36 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2010-12-13 14:51, bioinfornatics wrote:
> > Hi D community,
> > i would like put an idea,
> > * it will be great add to dsource or a new website a tool like CPAN (and
> > other ..) for auto instaling a new project (local and distant
> > package/project)
> >
> >     - we can use use some auto tools for build a project cmake dmake and
> >     other ..
> >
> > * Add a new project to dsource by using a a form
> >
> > thanks for reply and any enhancement
>
> D desperately needs some kind of library/application/package manager.

LOL. That may be true, but coming from a primarily C++ and Java background where
that sort of thing doesn't really exist (as far as I know anyway), I confess
that I don't see much need for that sort of thing. I don't necessarily have any
problem with it existing, but it's fine with me if it doesn't, and I've never
quite understood the folks who belate its lack.

Honestly, package management of any kind is the kind of thing I expect my OS to
do.

- Jonathan M Davis