CTAN, CPAN, RubyGem like

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 12:20:29 PST 2010

Yeah, it's a PITA all right. You could download a project, and it
could list a dozen library  dependencies in a text file. So now you
have to spend hours searching, downloading, reading manuals and
compiling libraries (not to mention having to download any extra
dependencies for those libs as well, and any tools used in the
building process), and finally configuring the app to use the compiled
libraries. And when the libs won't compile.. bleh! It's typical for
many open-source C apps that I've tried compiling.