How convince computer teacher

JMRyan nospam at nospam.com
Mon Dec 13 17:20:04 PST 2010

Austin Hastings <ah08010-d at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:ie64dv$uvl$1 at digitalmars.com:

> I don't see where D has anything to offer a computer teacher. There
> isn't a convenient, trivially-installed IDE (Java, .NET).  ....

No IDE?  My, my, how we coddle our students today!  The IDE for my first
programming course, was a keypunch machine.  We carried our IBM punch cards
2 miles through the snow to the local university and returned 3 days later
to pick them up.  (Okay, okay, my high school math teacher drove the cards,
but I'm not telling my kids that.)  The IDE for my first college
programming course was vi.