Slides from my ACCU Silicon Valley talk

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Dec 14 01:24:50 PST 2010

Andrei:

> I asked people at a seminar during a recess: "How many remarkable
> complex constants do you know?" After a long pause, one person replied:
> "1 + 0i".

Instead of asking that question, I suggest to ask people that write code that uses complex numbers if they like the idea of complex literals. And I suggest to analyse some Fortran/C code that uses complex numbers and count how often literals may be useful in the code, and how much they may improve the readability of the code.

Bye,
bearophile