emscripten

Michael Stover michael.r.stover at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:24:36 PST 2010

>Trying to
make an online payment to Visa or check on one of Visa's policies? Are you
gonna be able to do that at MasterCard's website? With desktop software
stuff like that rarely happens. Basically, websites/webapps have a greater
need for compatibility than desktop apps do.

Again, we're not talking about *websites*.  We're talking about web *apps*.
 Of course your bank site ought to provide you your account info whether you
are on a Mac or Windows and even if you use IE 5.5.  But that's not what
we're talking about.  We're talking about someone making an application
that, today or in the past you would have downloaded and installed, and
instead making it runnable in a browser.  It's not content, it's
*behavior*you're there for, and therefore, if they require Chrome and
you are a
devoted Firefox user, then you can find someone else who provides that
behavior in Firefox and use them instead.  There's no tie to some particular
content provided (like Visa), just like there isn't with desktop apps.

Mike