emscripten

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 14:20:10 PST 2010

Tangentially related to this thread. I just went back to my work to-do list, which
the rest of the team puts up on a Google Doc.

I *loathe* Google Docs, for a lot of reasons. But one more: my X11 selection
doesn't work. This is with Firefox 3.6.

In Linux, with most programs, you can select text, then middle click in a text
input box to instantly paste it. This includes standard html text in the web browsers.

... but not Google Docs text. It highlights in a weird looking color, not matching
the rest of my system. It lags as I drag or scroll. And it doesn't update the X
selection, so when I middle click out of habit... the wrong thing happens.
AAAAarrrrrrggggghhhh!

Those javascript things never pay attention to details, and even those that do
don't know the quirks of platforms or individual user setup, and even if they do
know, there's nothing they can do about it!

Now, if they just output a standard html document, these details would be handled
properly. Firefox itself knows it is a Linux program, has access to the Linux
APIs, and manages them somewhat well.

Or if it was a standard doc, I could open it in my other browser and maybe it'd do
a better job.

But nope, open it in my no-script Konqueror 3.5, and it just says

===
Google Docs is not supported in your browser.   Learn more   Dismiss
===

And a blank screen under it. I can't even view the text, despite it being just
text. Fucking garbage.