emscripten

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 18:20:10 PST 2010

> So much hate because you can't middle-click paste.

It's illustrative of a bigger overall problem: there's no integration with the
external environment; no use of native capabilities, ignoring user system setups,
and not even integration with other web apps. With a Windows program, you can set
up a user theme. Well behaved programs will honor your colors, layouts, etc.

One of the reasons I stick to my old Konqueror is it uses the website icon and
title in my system taskbar and tries to honor my user settings. Most browsers
don't even try that, but even with konq, the integration is quite poor.

While web apps could, in theory, get some consistency with user defined
stylesheets, in practice, this would just break sites, since they are all so
accustomed to being independent.

It's just like DOS. Except DOS apps could actually /use/ the hardware available to
them...