emscripten

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 05:28:41 PST 2010

Andrew Wiley wrote:
> Web applications have zero-install

But they trade it in for registration, with those awful, awful
CAPTCHAs.

They don't just distinguish between humans and computers (sometimes).
They also distinguish between flawless humans with perfect vision
and expensive monitors and real life humans who can't see the
poorly contrasting colors or can't distinguish letters with a
font size of 8 pixels. Some have letters right on top of each
other.... what order do they want it? Gah.

It invariably takes me two or three attempts to get those stupid
things. Thankfully, the popular Re-Captcha ones are among the
easiest to read, but that doesn't help when someone still uses
the green on red with purple stripes and tiny font variety. It's
been a while since I saw the Google captcha, but I remember it
as being nearly impossible.

The worst part is they come back post-registration too! Vile.