emscripten

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Dec 16 11:48:28 PST 2010

"Michael Stover" <michael.r.stover at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1046.1292468790.21107.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>> there's no integration with the
> external environment
>
> But it is an advantage at the same time as it's a weakness.  The advantage
> is, I can read and use gmail or google docs anywhere, firewall or not.

That's entirely possible without cramming the whole thing through a webpage.
I can thank of at least a couple ways just off the top of my head. The
*only* reason you don't see outside of the web browser it is because
everyone making "use-anywhere" apps is insisting doing it through the web
browser. It's *not* a technical limitation of not using a web browser. If
anything, it's just a widespread misconception amoung people who grew up
writing web code and therefore don't know any better about what is and isn't
possible.