New syntax for string mixins

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Dec 16 12:13:03 PST 2010

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:iednio$2vj5$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I can't quite visualize how the final code will look like and as you say
> it's hard without a formal definition of AST macros. But I think somehow
> it would be possible, I mean instead of combining strings one combine
> expressions/syntax. But I don't know if it would be possible to combine
> incomplete expressions.

One parallel that may or may not be applicable, but might be worth
considering, is dynamically building XHTML: Using a string-template system
is generally found to work very well, but building it via a DOM (essentially
an AST) is often considered a bit of a pain. I guess the simplest take-away
would be that string-based approaches may be easier get working well. FWIW.