[OT] Mozilla Thunderbird

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Dec 16 19:58:23 PST 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
> news:ieegkh$1mu9$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> but I found OE's annoyances to overall be somewhat less annoying than
>>> Thunderbird's.
>> OE cannot back up or transfer its message database. That killed it for me.
>
> Yea, that has been in the back of my mind ever since one other time that you
> mentioned it. Been meaning to do somethng about it, but just been kinda
> sticking with it anyway while I have 100 more urgent things :/

I procrastinated doing something about it for a long time, too, for the same
reasons. Until one day my machine got hit with a virus, and the only way to get
rid of it was to wipe & reinstall Windows. That was I think the 3rd time I lost
my O.E. database, and I'd had enough.

T-bird has its annoying problems, too, but losing my mail database can have
disastrous consequences for my business. I can back up T-bird's database, and
that is the #1 feature for me.