[OT] Mozilla Thunderbird

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Dec 17 02:16:31 PST 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:41:05 -0800
>>>>>> "Walter" == Walter Bright wrote:

Walter> I prefer to have control over my email database, and not rely
Walter> on some remote server that may go dark at any moment, or that
Walter> may sell my email database to anyone.

I agree...that's why I fetch my mail with getmail and run my own
dovecot IMAP server on my (localhost) desktop machine.

The email is stored in (safe) Maildir format and accessed from
Claws-mail and/or via ssh from the laptop.

Sincerely,
Gour (not having trust in remote mail servers)

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA