gdc-4.5 testing

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 17 04:12:30 PST 2010

== Quote from Anders F Björklund (afb at algonet.se)'s article
> --------------040104000201080008030306
> Iain Buclaw wrote:
> > Just announcing (before I nod off) that gdc is working with gcc-4.5.1. Builds D1
> > and compiles Tango.
> >
> > Commit:
> > https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/changeset/8ac6cb4f40aa
> >
> > Feedback, patches and bug reports welcome!
> Says "This version of GCC () is not supported".
> Missing a line for GCC 4.5 it seems, see patch.
> Other than that, it seemed to apply cleanly to
> Fedora 14's version of GCC (gcc-4.5.1-20100924)
> --anders

Well, technically not "supported" yet, but I've added it, thanks! ;)
As coincidences goes, GCC-4.5.2 has just been released too. If anyone beats me to it, please give that release a try first.

> PS. The "homepage" is still confused about
>      how to use prefix and DESTDIR, it seems ?
>      It should use --prefix=/opt/gdc, rather
>      than --prefix=/usr/local and DESTDIR=/opt

I agree, DESTDIR rather archaic, and is only most useful if you are packaging software.
But at the same time my natural unix instinct tells me to act alarmed at the sight of suggesting --prefix=/opt/gdc. ;)