gdc-4.5 testing

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Dec 17 06:15:20 PST 2010

Iain Buclaw wrote:

> I install gdc in ~/bin, because it's easier for me to handle (there is never any need to elevate to root privileges), and there are
> hooks in bashrc which auto-magically add it to my PATH.

The only problem with ~/bin or ~/.local/bin is that for programs which
are relocatable-challenged, they end up expanding it to an absolute path
which makes harder to redistribute (i.e. having your user in it)
Other than that it is just fine. And the packages are using /usr anyway.

Can't ever have too many languages in there, it seems... :-P
     --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,objc-c++,d,java,fortran,ada,lto
 From http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=gcc.git
      gcc-4.5.1-4.fc14.src.rpm

--anders