New syntax for string mixins

VladD2 vc at rsdn.ru
Fri Dec 17 07:22:42 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm one of Nemerle developers.

> From an implementation point of view, the differences between Nemerle
> macros and string mixins are mostly syntactic.

You are deeply mistaken!
I'd advise to study the Nemerle macro-system.

You missed: pattern matching, quasi-quotation, running of fully functional Nemerle
code in compile time, access to compiler API in macros and IntelliSense support.

>The one thing about them that I find really impressive is the IDE
>integration, especially that they got syntax highlighting to work.
>I don't know they've done that.

"syntax highlighting" ? :)
We have full IntelliSense support: syntax highlighting, code completion, macro
expansion (in tooltips).
We simply use the Nemerle compiler to achive that.