[OT] Mozilla Thunderbird

Justin Johansson noreply at jj.com
Fri Dec 17 07:42:08 PST 2010

On 17/12/10 13:05, Walter Bright wrote:
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> but I found OE's annoyances to overall be somewhat less annoying than
>> Thunderbird's.
>
> OE cannot back up or transfer its message database. That killed it for me.

Email clients and newsgroup readers are different things. So while I can
understand that one would want to have control of their email message
database (as in ease of backup/import/export etc), when it comes to
newsgroup messages the repository is maintained by the newsgroup server
itself (and of course these repositories are generally replicated ad
infinitum on the web).  Accordingly it seems that comments like "That
killed it for me" really only apply to email clients rather than
newsgroup readers/clients.