Why Ruby?

Stephan Soller stephan.soller at helionweb.de
Fri Dec 17 08:48:04 PST 2010

On 16.12.2010 20:01, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2010-12-15 17:06, Stephan Soller wrote:
>> On 14.12.2010 20:03, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
 >> …
 >>
>>What's more important
>> (at least for me) is the chaining ability and how performant such
>> delegates actually are. From what I understood from std.functional it
>> wraps string expressions in delegates anyway so using
>>
>> ary.map!("a*a");
>>
>> is not more efficient. Please correct me if I'm wrong! The
>> std.functional code is definitely above my understanding.
>
> I would though it just mixed in the string with some other code to make
> a complete expression.

It does that (would there be another way?). The question is if it
creates an delegate with the expression or does it not built a delegate?
The code in question starts at line 78 of std/functional.d[1] (that is
the code related to unaryFun!()).

I'm really not sure what this code does…

[1]:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/browser/trunk/phobos/std/functional.d#L78

Happy programming
Stephan Soller