Why Ruby?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 22:08:42 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:54:58PM -0600, Caligo wrote:
> "Big" doesn't necessarily have to be lines-of-code, and keep in mind that 5
> lines of, say, Ruby code could easily translate into 50 lines of C++.

Something to remember is there probably /is/ 50 lines of C++ behind every
line of Ruby!

Of course, it isn't multiplied per use, but neither should the C++ itself.
It's not like calling library functions is something special to any one
language.

(I always joke about some of the examples posted here:

import rosettacode; mixin TodaysChallenge;

Look, D did it in two lines of code! lol)