[OT] Mozilla Thunderbird

torhu no at spam.invalid
Sat Dec 18 15:38:46 PST 2010

On 18.12.2010 19:40, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "torhu"<no at spam.invalid>  wrote in message
> news:iehd51$2gla$1 at digitalmars.com...
[...]
> I don't mean to sound like an Outlook Express evangelist constantly banging
> an OE drum, but I've been using OE for years and never had any issues like
> that. Which actually makes me really puzzed, even though TBird's and OE's
> uses and basic interfaces are very similar:
>
> - Thunderbird apparently has *data loss/corruption* issues, and yet it's
> very popular.
> - OE *doesn't* have data loss/corruption issues, and yet it's widely
> looked-down upon.
>
> So what's wrong with this picture?

IIRC, I decided against using EO because I wasn't satisfied with its
keyboard navigation.  TB is has good keyboard navigation, bar a couple
of bugs that you learn to work around.

I suppose the dataloss issues could be caused by my profile being old.
Can't remember if I've tried starting with a new profile or not to fix
the issues, but I think I have.  I wouldn't be surprised if the
newsgroup implementation is buggy.  I guess I don't expect starting with
a clean profile over again to actually help.