executable size

torhu no at spam.invalid
Sat Dec 18 15:46:53 PST 2010

On 18.12.2010 19:07, jovo wrote:
> Hi,
> Today I compiled my old two module console program with d-2.50.
> It uses only std.c.time, std.c.stdio, std.random and templates.
> Compiled with -O -release, on windows.
> Executable size (d-2.50): 4.184 kb.
> Trayed with d-1.30: 84 kb.
>
> Is it expected?

I'm guessing the new version of std.random pulls in almost all of the
rest of phobos, directly or indirectly.  This is common throughout
phobos, and means that if you want a small executable, you have to stick
with basically just the C core.c.* (or std.c.*) stuff.  Unless you want
to custom build Phobos, of course...

If you really need a small executable, use Tango instead of Phobos.