Game development is worthless? WTF? (Was: Why Ruby?)

Caligo iteronvexor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 08:41:55 PST 2010

You are absolutely right; life sucks for many people, and that's why some of
them choose to play video games.  It gives them a chance to escape reality,
and game companies exploit this to make money.  Game companies use all kinds
of psychology in their games to keep you playing as long as possible.  That
is why to me there is no honor in game development.  Also, I never said it's
worthless; they make tons of money, and that's almost always at the expense
of people like you.

If it helps any, I'm not one of those baby boomers.  I'm actually in my
early twenties.  So if you are going to insult me at least do it properly.

You sound way too angry and unhappy.  Instead of playing video games, you
should definitely pick up Ruby if you haven't already.  I hear it's
"designed to make programmers happy."