Game development is worthless? WTF? (Was: Why Ruby?)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 08:50:15 PST 2010

Patrick Down wrote:
> bearophile Wrote:
>> Yet I hope Walter will not waste 6 hours every day *playing* World of warcraft :-)

> He does however write games sometimes: http://www.classicempire.com/

I've never played WoW, but I have played Empire, and let me tell you,
it wastes a lot more than 6 hours a day!

I've been hesitant to play another round after last time, when
I spent almost a full week just conquering the world. Got way
behind on my work.

I personally like the DOS version best. It reminds me so much
of some of my early games. Same beautiful graphics and easy
controls.