[OT] Mozilla Thunderbird

JMRyan nospam at nospam.com
Sun Dec 19 19:09:36 PST 2010

torhu <no at spam.invalid> wrote in news:iehd51$2gla$1 at digitalmars.com:

> On 16.12.2010 14:39, Justin Johansson wrote:
>> Just wondering how others rate Thunderbird as a decent newsreader.
>>
> I suppose the real problem is that almost noone cares about newsgroups,
> so don't expect any improvements in this field to ever happen.  I'm a
> Windows user, and Thunderbird is the newsreader I use.
>
> Thunderbird is pretty buggy, but I haven't found a good replacement, at
> least not yet.

For what it's worth, Xnews on a Windows is fairly decent.  I always found
Thunderbird to be seriously ugly, but I haven't looked at it in years.
Xnews is at http://xnews.newsguy.com/ .  Unfortunately, it is Windows
only.

Someone suggested Claws-mail which I'll try when I get around to it.  It
appears to have a Windows port as part of Gpg4win at
http://www.gpg4win.org/ .