What is this D book?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:09:43 PST 2010

On 12/20/10, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 19 December 2010 19:50:14 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> And:
>> http://www.doink.ch/a-warning-about-alphascript-publishing-and-betascript-
>> publishing/
>
> The funny thing is that I wouldn't have expected anyone to be able to create
> book 96 pages long on D just out of Wikipedia articles. And $44 for 96
> pages?!
> LOL. The knowledge in that book would have to be pure gold to worth that
> kind of
> price. What a total rip-off. It probably popped up just because TDPL was
> released
> and some guys were looking to cash in. Maybe they were even hoping that some
> people would be foolish enough to mistake their book for TDPL.

>From what I've read from various sources it seems whoever is behind
this has automated the whole process. It's always the same three
"editors" on the cover, an image on the cover (that might end up being
totally unrelated), and just printed pages of wikipedia inside. And
they spit out thousands of books, so it's not targeted at D
specifically.

And apparently the whole thing is legal because the license that the
wiki uses allows this. It's basically a legal scam.