is it possible to learn D(2)?

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Mon Dec 20 04:02:51 PST 2010

> Yes, how about it? Is this a murder investigation? I have a hard time
> figuring out what is the ultimate purpose of spelunking my past
> statements to look for inconsistencies.

Hypocrisy is a pet peeve of mine. How about discussing the gory problems
with const, and discussing the true state of the language at the next D
talk? If you're going to bash Go presentations for cherry-picking, you
should hold yourself to the same standards.

As for why I did the research, if people are going to deny statements I
made, then I'm going to back them up with facts. I did rescind one
erroneous statement of mine.

My original post was in response to a thread about somebody looking to
jump into D2, and somebody who responded asking why D1 was even being
worked on. I'd say my post was on topic.