Game development is worthless? WTF? (Was: Why Ruby?)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Dec 20 22:35:38 PST 2010

"Max Samukha" <spambox at d-coding.com> wrote in message
news:ien42a$26q5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 12/20/2010 08:43 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> bearophile wrote:
>>> Many games are like drugs.
>>
>> Not for me. I get bored with games. You don't get bored with drugs.
>
> You didn't play StarCraft when you were a teenager.

I always got bored pretty quickly with RTSes. Pikmin's the only RTS that's
held my attention for long, and it's very non-standard as far as RTSes go.
I've always been more 2D platformer, 1990's single-player FPS, shmup, puzzle
(not so much falling block though), action RPG, and adventure.