[OT] How to post here without getting spam

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Dec 21 12:14:57 PST 2010

"Eric Poggel" <dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net> wrote in message
news:ieql0o$30at$1 at digitalmars.com...
> I've created this email address (dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net) exclusively for
> posting to this newsgroup, and now it's getting spam.  I assume it's from
> a web-scraper that has harvested the email addresses.  Does anyone have
> any tricks or can anything be done to help this situation?

There's a ton of NG-viewing webpages out there and all is takes is for one
of them to decide to (or accidentally) show email addresses, or for one
spambot developer to decide to scan NGs directly. That's why I've always
just used a at a.a on the NG. Someone wants to email me, no prob, they can ask
on the NG, and I'll provide a sanitized version.

I never use spam filters because I've don't trust them - I've never found
one (including gmail) that didn't give me an unacceptable amount of both
false positives and false negatives. (And I know I get really annoyed when
legitimate messages I send get blocked by overzealous filters.)