What's the problem in opensourcing htod?

Mariusz Gliwiński alienballance at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:17:06 PST 2010

22.12.2010 @ 03:17:31 Walter:
> htod is built out of the C and C++ compiler front end, the source of which
> Digital Mars sells.

Thanks, I understand that. Why htod strips out const?
1)
in: const int var = 2;
out: null

2)
in: DLL const char *func( int arg );
out: char * func(int arg);

3)
in: DLL void func( int arg, const char *arg2 );
out: void  func(int arg, const char *arg2);

4) there is
const int * const
and void func() const
too, of course

a) Are there any chances to fix it?
b) If no, someone of You have seen tool that implements const's properly? (as
I said, scripting language would be preferred, but anything appreciated)

Cheers,
Mariusz Gliwiński