Why is D slower than LuaJIT?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 17:02:49 PST 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:26:33 -0500
Gary Whatmore <no at spam.sp> wrote:

> Ary Borenszweig Wrote:
>
> > You said Lua is a joke language. It doesn't seem to be one...
>
> Okay then, maybe it's not completely true. I meant it doesn't work in large scale applications unlike a static systems programming language. Need to study how extensively it's used in that game. I just tihkn being popular doesn't mean it's not a joke. Think about PHP !

I find your assertions rather pointless, if not meaningless. Lua is certainly a joke language in D's preferred applications domains, just like D is a joke language as an embedded, data-description, or user-scripting language.
And precisely: the fact that Lua (well helped by LuaJIT) can outperform D on its own terrain --even if on a single example-- should give you *even more _respect_* for this language and its designers. (And raise serious worries about D ;-)

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com