How is the D programming language financed?

Thomas Mader thomas.mader at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 12:43:11 PST 2010

Am 2010-12-23 21:01, schrieb spir:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:41:06 +0100
> Thomas Mader<thomas.mader at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I think it's very important for D to step into the corporate world to
>> get more stability, a bigger community and therefore a stronger toolchain.
>> For this to happen companies need trust in the future of the project and
>> the future are the people and the infrastructure behind D.
>
> This is true, but having important corporate investment would also strongly freeze the language in a premature state. It's too early (for D2).
>
> Denis
> vit esse estrany ☣
>
> spir.wikidot.com

I agree but I must confess that I'm confused about the state of D2.
It's said that for new projects someone should use D2 but I often
recognize that it is not considered ready/finished yet. On the other
hand I also read somewhere that with the release of the book "The D
programming language" D2 is finalized?

Can somebody please enlighten me on this?

Thomas