How is the D programming language financed?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 14:49:31 PST 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I think the bread and butter support
> is as rock solid in both languages.

I agree. For my day to day work, I'm pretty conservative in the
use of the language; 90% of my code is probably best characterized
as "a better C".

Interestingly though, I use a template of some sort about once
every five lines... Variant.get, std.conv.to, my own mysql.query,
and several other little ones get heavy, but discreet use.)

Anyway, I very rarely encounter D bugs in any of the code, and
virtually never in that simpler bulk of it. The edges may be
rough, but the core kicks ass.

I've spent less time fighting bugs in the last year of D than I
did reading php.net/strpos and php.net/str_replace in the previous
year of PHP!