How is the D programming language financed?

Caligo iteronvexor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:23:57 PST 2010

You got me excited, so I decided to give GDC another try.  I cloned the
repo, and using GCC 4.4.5, it compiled without errors.
I started following the examples in TDPL, but the Stat program on page 22
gives the following errors:

t1.d:33: Error: void has no value
t1.d:33: Error: incompatible types for ((readf(" %s ",& x)) == (1)): 'void'
and 'int'

is there a typo in the code, or is this some kind of bug in GDC?