D vs C++

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Mon Dec 27 13:33:45 PST 2010

Jérôme M. Berger wrote:

	I should perhaps add a couple of points:
 - I like D (or I would not be here);
 - D has some advantages over Python (mostly to do with low level
programming and performance);
 - D and Python have some features that are on a par with each other;
 - Python has some advantages over D too (reflection comes to mind).

	We will not advance the cause of D by pretending that it is better
at everything than all other languages. If we try to, we will simply
annoy people who will see that we lied somewhere and simply assume
that we lied everywhere. Seeing D's strength (and they are many) is
all very good, but we must not be blind to the fact that others have
strengths too.

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr