Clay language

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Dec 28 00:35:41 PST 2010

Adam D. Ruppe:

> Writing out qualified paths by default
> is just awful, and I can't understand why you keep asking for it.

If in your module you don't want to use qualified paths you use:
import foo: bar, spam;

To import all not-private names of the foo module use:
import foo: *;

Recently Andrei has said that syntax is blunt, preferring the user defined "all" name solution (an "all" module in a package). So to define a less blunt import semantics you may add a * to the module you use as name pack:
import foo: all*; // imports all names in the "all" name pack

Bye,
bearophile