Clay language

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 05:20:47 PST 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:01:24 +0000 (UTC)
"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> > While you read a module code you don't know where the imported names it uses come from.

> That's a feature.
> [...]
> I started off by writing it all in one module, the one where it
> was used. That was ok until I wanted to use it in a different module,
> so I cut and pasted it to a different file, the shared util.d.
>
> Compile, both modules now work. No need to edit the user code at all.
>
> Next up I moved it from that grab bag of project specific utilities
> to a generic oauth.d module, refactoring it to be generic.
>
> Add "import oauth;" and compile. All modules work without editing their code.

But that's true for explicite imports as well:
	import util	: x1,x2,x3;
-->
	import oauth	: x1,x2,x3;
What's the point? Or what do I miss?
(Name qualification in code, I mean at use place, is best used for std or third-party lib, I guess. When one uses their own utils, it's generally not useful; listing used symbols at import place is enough for reader documentation.)

denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com