Mac OS X: gdc-4.2 testing

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Dec 31 02:48:31 PST 2010

Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> I uploaded packages for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
>> to SourceForge, for Apple GCC build 5664 ("gcc-4.2"):
>
> PPPS.
> Porters wanted for moving gdcmac to the latest LLVM-GCC platform. :~)

It shouldn't be that tricky to port the GCC/GDC patches
from Apple b5664 (Xcode 3.2.4) to LLVM b5658 (LLVM 2.8):
http://opensource.apple.com/tarballs/gcc/gcc-5664.tar.gz
http://llvm.org/releases/2.8/llvm-gcc-4.2-2.8.source.tgz

It does need someone to port the LLVM runtime, however...
But most likely this can reuse some things from LDC, no ?

Of course, one could just build/use the native compiler
parts from the llvm-gcc-4.2, without the --enable-llvm.
That should build a compiler similar to the Apple GCC,
but it is more likely to work on Linux out of the box.

I can do the compiler work, maybe the basic runtime too.
Using the "dragonegg" is another approach, for GCC-LLVM.

--anders