TDPL a bad idea?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:55:27 PST 2010

On 01/02/2010 01:56, BCS wrote:
> Hello Bane,
>
>> Lars T. Kyllingstad Wrote:
>>
>>> When TDPL is published D2 will be frozen. That's the whole point.
>>>
>>> -Lars
>>>
>> Aha! What about... D3 ? :)
>>

> TDPL 2e
>
> And FWIW, I'm in the lets kill trees camp.
>
> p.s. Why doesn't anyone ever bring up the power requirements for reading
> digital docs? Making a book is a one time investment, reading a file
> requiters continues power.
>
> --
>
> <IXOYE><

Don't go the power requirements route. This will just bring endless
discussion:
1) what about green power - like using solar energy?
2) what about using recycled paper for books?
3) what about the pollution caused by manufacturing the PC and batteries
if it's a laptop?
4) what about the pollution caused by manufacturing books?

Personally, I prefer paper for stuff that's meant for long-term use and
digital for one-offs. newspaper is a prime example of what not to do -
either you pollute by printing daily on new paper or you provide a
crappy experience with recycled paper. This is IMO a prime example where
digital is better. YMMV