TDPL a bad idea?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 15:44:56 PST 2010

Yigal Chripun wrote:
 > This especially irks me every time I see a post that boils down to
 > demeaning a non-native English speaker about using "your" instead of
 > "you're"

I think that one is totally subconscious... For me at least... :)

As my native alphabet is phonetic, I used to read "your" and "you're"
differently. (Actually, I still do pronounce them like "your" and "yoor"
most of the time. :) )

I used to never mistype those words until I learned that they were
pronounced differently. Since then I started making typos of that sort.

The same happens with "should've" vs. "should of". *Some* people make
those mistakes not because they don't know. It happens subconsciously as
they type fast.

Ali