Scala design process vs D

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Wed Feb 3 06:31:26 PST 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> retard wrote:
>> Just look how clearly they are able to express the changes of a minor
>> release update:
>
> You're more than welcome to come help out with the documentation. The
> stuff is all generated from templates. If you want to help improve the
> look of the docs, or the content, please join in.

Slightly off current thread topic, but nevertheless, feel
this is a good-as-any, and appropriate, opportunity to offer
the following thoughts about digitalmars D and its diverse
newsgroup community (and in no particular order)

1) there is no censorship
2) given there are virtually no electronic controls, the amount of XXX
spam is negligible, if any
3) Walter is the quintessential webbuddist (ack. usage of term by
another DNG poster)
4) Andrei has an opinion but you can easily shut him up with a
compelling argument
5) Don (have I the right person?) does lots of back-end work
like a Mother Theresa without any (apparent) expectation of reward
6) You can rely on Nick to always give a humorous reality check
on your sanity
7) Though known colloquially as 'bearophile', everybody really
knowing he is one Leonardo, this really cool dude presents D NG
readers with many CS complexity etc. topics for the practical
(and admittedly sometimes no so practical) evolution of D
8) The likes of superfan (or was that language fan or language dan?)
whilst sometimes behaving like uncivilized Devil's Advocates,
sometimes shine a torch in our direction, only often to drop it
by not offering to help out on the issues that they find inadequate.

Best wishes to all,

Justin Johansson