A thought for template alias parameters?

Trip Volpe mraccident at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:27:07 PST 2010

Joel Anderson Wrote:

> You could potentially use a mixin to do this.  The resulting code would
> look something like this.
>
> void main()
> {
>            int myFoo = 100;
>            mixin(expectEquals! ( "myFoo == 3" ));
> }

Yeah, mixins could work, but they're ugly.  ;-)

Forcing the user (in this case the unit test writer) to apply extra boilerplate on their own every time they want to make an assertion is really not much of a solution. There's no semantic reason an assertion should involve a mixin, so allowing that detail to bleed into client code is shaky design.

I know I'd get tired of wrapping everything in mixin(...) all the time, and in the end it would probably result in me writing fewer unit tests.  :-P