OT: I'm back

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:01:05 PST 2010

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:29:41 +0300, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I imagine a lot of people here don't remember me when I left a few
>> years ago
>> to focus on a free game called league of legends
>> (www.leagueoflegends.com).
>>  Its been released however we're still working on making it even better.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what's the business model?  Is there in-game
> advertising or something?
>
> --bb

There is an in-game Store, where you can buy some goods that are not
mandatory to play the game, but still useful.

For example, you can only select 10 out of 40 champions to play
with (unless you purchase some of them - once purchased, these champions
are
always allowed to be played with), and these 10 are being rotated every
week so you can play all the champions, but have to wait for a proper week
to come.

Some additional information is available here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends#Store