A thought for template alias parameters?

Trip Volpe mraccident at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:41:10 PST 2010

Joel Anderson Wrote:

> That's one of the reasons I've wished D had a nicer syntax for the
> string mixin format.  This one kinda scares people away :p

What kind of syntax do you have in mind?

Making mixins less obtrusive might ease aggravation when they're being used as boilerplate, but making it harder to see when they're being used might have downsides as well. :-P

For a case like this, though, I still think the best solution would be to allow for template parameters that can alias whole expressions. Together with the other compile-time reflection abilities of D, I think it would make quite a powerful tool.