TDPL a bad idea?

BCS none at anon.com
Fri Feb 5 08:20:51 PST 2010

Hello Gareth,

> I actually like the newsgroup format (more than modern web forums) now
> that I've gone to the trouble of setting up Thunderbrid but I guess
> they did put me off initially.
>
> Well, that's one data point for you.

I've said it before, but I might as well say it again; I'm of the same opinion,
News groups are my first choice for online communities. I think the primary
reasons for this is that it 1) doesn't require me to keep hitting refresh,
2) works offline and 3) allows me to use whatever interface I darn well choose.

If D were to quit providing a NNTP interface, I'd loose interest in participating
in these discussions. Heck, (HINT, HINT, HINT) the fact that Tango has a
forum rather than a news group is half or more of the reason I don't use it.

--

<IXOYE><