TDPL a bad idea?

BCS none at anon.com
Sat Feb 6 13:57:11 PST 2010

Hello Walter,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> If D were to quit providing a NNTP interface, I'd loose interest in
>> participating in these discussions. Heck, (HINT, HINT, HINT) the fact
>> that Tango has a forum rather than a news group is half or more of
>> the reason I don't use it.
>>
> I love the news interface, too, and see no reason to give it up. But
> the web forums have their advantages, too. That's why I'd like to have
> a system that is accessible from both. Post on the web forum, and it
> is also posted to NNTP, and vice versa.

Re cast that a bit and I'll agree; I have never seen anything I like in a
web forum that wouldn't also be in a well done web front end to a newsgroup.
(In other words, the only thing that forums have over basic newsgroups that
I see as an advantage, is the fact they don't /require/ a thick client.)

--
<IXOYE><